Friday, September 11, 2009

Pepperoni Pizza Polenta Bake



I found this recipe on my Whole Foods recipe application on my iPhone... It seemed like a kid friendly meal and I love polenta so I thought I'd give it a try. It was really tasty!!! Even the baby who is the pickiest eater in my family ate some of the polenta (Pepperoni is a different story though!!) I threw this together in about 5 minutes, let it bake for 30 minutes... and voila!!! Easy dinner!!

I left out the roasted red peppers... and made it really simple, but try different veggies, olives, artichokes, anything you would top your pizza with. I think it would be great that way too!

Pepperoni Pizza Polenta Bake
-serves 4-6-

1 18 oz tube of pre-made polenta, cut into approximately 9 slices
Marinara, Pizza, or Spaghetti Sauce
Pepperoni
Shredded Italian cheese
1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano

Preheat your oven to 400. Spray a baking dish, place the polenta in the dish. Cover the Polenta Rounds with Marinara Sauce, then cover with Pepperoni (approximately 2 per Round) Then generously sprinkle cheese over the top. Sprinkle oregano and parsley on top of the cheese. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. I've used polenta as a crust for quiche so I can see it working for pizza too. I thought A wasn't a picky eater, bummer

    ReplyDelete