Monday, September 14, 2009

Amazing Bison-Quinoa-Veggie Meatballs!!!




This is another recipe I adapted from the Whole Foods website. I'm always trying to sneak veggies and whole grains into my meals... and so I thought I'd give these a try. I had never made meatballs before... but I was pretty pleased with my first attempt!

These meatballs were so tender... and tasted so good. The zucchini really kept them moist. The whole wheat pasta I paired them with was excellent as well!


Bison-Quinoa-Veggie Meatballs
Serves 6-8 (depending on portion)

1 Lb Ground Bison, or Ground Beef
3/4 cup of cooked Quinoa
1 small zucchini, grated
1 small carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 500°F. Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. Shape the mixture into approximately 16 balls and place on prepared baking sheet.

Roast until cooked through and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.

I served these over this whole wheat flax fettucine, to add extra protein and fiber, with store bought spaghetti sauce.


Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Parsley and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have to try those. I've got the quinoa & zucchini on hand

    ReplyDelete