Monday, September 7, 2009

Lemon Feta Green Beans




This recipe is inspired by a dish my mother-in-law made for us while we were visiting them this summer. I used a pretty assortment of green beans I picked from my mother's garden yesterday. The fresh lemon juice and feta cheese compliment the green beans beautifully. Very simple to make as well. This is our favorite way to eat green beans at the moment!!

Lemon Feta Green Beans

Roughly 3/4-1 Lb of Green Beans
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Shallot, minced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Approximately 1 oz Feta Cheese, or to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Saute the garlic and shallot in olive oil, whisk together with the lemon juice, then set aside.

2. Steam the beans until just tender, then pour the garlic/shallot, lemon juice, olive oil mixture over them. Sprinkle Feta Cheese on top while still warm. Season with salt and pepper.




1 comment:

  1. I wish I had seen that when we were getting so many beans from the farm.

    ReplyDelete