Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baked Fingerling Potato Chips

I had been craving a burger for about a week now.... so for dinner tonight I made burgers with grassfed beef (thanks mom!) on the foreman grill.... which I think does a pretty good job with burgers. I made these awesome fingerling potato chips to go with them... along with some green beans...

Baked Fingerling Potato Chips



2-3 fingerling potatoes for each person (you can also use Russet)
Olive Oil or Melted Butter
Salt, Pepper, or other Seasoning (try salt and vinegar!) or some pickle juice!

1. Start by slicing the potatoes very thin... about 1/8 inch or smaller (a mandolin would have been great for this...)
2. Preheat your oven to 450.
3. Soak the potatoes in cold water to get rid of some of the excess starch. Rinse the potatoes.
4. Dry the potatoes thoroughly on paper towels- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
5. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, lined with parchment paper, or silicone mat.
6. Brush with olive oil or melted butter, then season with salt or other seasoning.
7. Bake until golden around the edges, I find the fingerling get little bubbles in them. Start by baking about 10-15 minutes. Check them often, mine tend to crisp at different rates... depending on the thickness. Flip when one side is dried and crispy. Mine take about 30 minutes total... but it depends on your oven and the thickness of your potato.

Serve warm, and leftovers are great snack the next day crisped up in the toaster oven.

For some reason my purple chips went first!


2 comments:

  1. These were a hit! So great. I did not use purple, and I decided to slice them the short way rather than the long, but other than that, I followed the directions exactly and they turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete