Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My first loaf from "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day" !!!


My brother, Matthew, and sister-in law, Kathy (both at A Good Appetite), turned my Mom onto this book called "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day". My mother then turned me onto it, and my husband picked me up a copy a few weeks ago. All I can say is "WOW" this system makes it so easy to have fresh bread whenever I want it! Make enough dough for a few loaves, and keep it in the fridge! No kneading, no long rising, no big mess! I made my first batch of the "Master Recipe" dough this morning, and baked my first loaf tonight before dinner! It had a great crust, and a light chewy center. (I had to show off a picture of my first loaf- above- I am proud of it). I would definitely suggest this book- for all you people who don't think they can make bread (me)! I've never had the greatest luck at bread baking (besides banana bread, which doesn't require the kneading and rising). In the past trying to make my own bread seemed to take up most of my day (which is very hard having a 6 year old and a 1 year old...), and it never turned out quite right.

Now I won't have to hear the "a nice piece of crusty bread would be GREAT with this...." anymore.... the dough will be there- no fuss!

Thanks Matthew, Kathy, and Mom for the great suggestion!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great! We love the Buttermilk Bread recipe cooked in a loaf pan for sandwiches. We add a little wheat bran & some flax seeds to it to make it even healthier

    ReplyDelete