Saturday, January 31, 2009

Garbanzo Nuts


I like garbanzo beans, so when I came across the recipe for garbanzo nuts I thought I would give it a try. I thought they would be similar to corn nuts, but they aren't as hard, and some of the insides are still a little chewy. I'm still not exactly sure what I think of them.... they may have just needed more salt.

Garbanzo Nuts

1 15 oz can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
non-stick cooking spray, olive oil, or butter (so the seasoning sticks)
your choice of seasoning.....

I used old bay(I couldn't find my seasoning salt, and thought this might be similar)
lemon-pepper
smoked paprika
salt

i've seen cumin, soy sauce, cayenne, all sorts of seasoning, so play around with it!

Preheat oven to 400.
Place patted dry beans in roasting pan
Spray with olive oil or cooking spray
Season however you want
Place in oven, and shake the pan to move the beans around every 10-15 minutes, until crunchy and light brown. This should take about 45 minutes.
Remove and enjoy warm, or mine stayed good in a tupperware container.

1 comment:

  1. We've played around with this idea too with cumin. I think ours still needed work too.

    ReplyDelete