Thursday, July 30, 2009

Roast Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, and Paprika

Hello, it's been awhile. My folks came up to visit my kids earlier this week, so I took the opportunity to try this recipe out from Epicurious. I have to say it turned out amazing! I used boneless chicken breasts instead of bone in, and I'm a wimp so I added a pinch of cayenne instead of crushed red pepper.

Roast Chicken Breasts with Tomatoes, Garbanzo Beans, and Paprika


5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1 container Cherry Tomatoes

1 15 oz. can Garbanzo Beans, drained
5 Garlic Cloves, pressed

1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika

1 tsp. Cumin

1/4 cup Olive Oil
Pinch of Cayenne
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

5 oz container of Plain Greek Yogurt


In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, paprika, garlic, cumin, and cayenne. Add 1 tsp. of the oil mixture to the yogurt and set aside.


Preheat the oven to 450. Rub the chicken breasts down with part of the oil mixture, then place in a roasting pan. In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, garbanzo beans, cilantro, and remaining oil mixture, then pour over the chicken breasts. Season all of it with salt and pepper. Roast the chicken for approximately 20-25 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with yogurt sauce.





1 comment: